Structures Congress 2020
Join us at Structures Congress in St. Louis, Missouri, April 5–8, 2020, to be inspired, connect with leaders in the profession, learn from the experts, and earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
Top 6 Reasons to Attend Structures Congress 2020
- Learn the latest cutting edge knowledge and practical application
- Earn PDHs from session topics including Buildings, Bridges, Natural Disasters, Professional Practice, Risk Management, Blast, Materials, Seismic, Forensics... and much more.
- Be inspired and challenged by top leaders and speakers.
- Visit the Exhibit Hall for the latest tools and resources to exceed.
- Enjoy fun, social events with more than 1,200 colleagues from the U.S. and abroad.
- Sponsor, Exhibit, and Flex registration opportunities for your company
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- Practicing Structural Engineers
- Bridge Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Engineers
- Researchers working in the structural engineering discipline
- Material suppliers
- Young Professionals
- Users of ASCE 7, ASCE 41, and ASCE 24
- Local ASCE/SEI Members
- Anyone with an interest in Structural Engineering
National Technical Program Committee
- James Gregory Soules, P.E., S.E., P.Eng., SECB, F.SEI, F.ASCE, McDermott
- Hossam M. Abdou, Ph.D., P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Nicole Baer, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Hope Furrer Associates
- John Carrato, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, M.ASCE, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Sharon Gallant, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, KPFF Consulting Engineers
- Jeremy Isenberg, Ph.D., P.E., NAE, F.SEI,Hon..M.ASCE, Stanford University
- Takahiko Kimura, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Jacobs Engineering Group
- Brian Leshko, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Mustafa Mahamid, Ph.D., P.E., S.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Shalva Marjanishvili, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Jennifer Righman McConnell, A.M.ASCE, University of Delaware
- Brian McElhatten, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, ARUP
- Bruce Peterson, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, Modjeski and Masters - Retired
- John Francis Silva, P.E., S.E., F. SEI, M.ASCE, Hilti Inc.
- Jessica Simon, P.E., M.ASCE, JQ Engineering
- Robert Smilowitz, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Thornton Tomasetti
- John Tawresey, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE, KPFF Consulting Engineers – Retired
- Kyle Twitchell, P.E., M.ASCE, TELYK Engineering
- Mark Waggoner, P.E., M.ASCE, Walter P Moore & Associates
- Eric Williamson, Ph.D., P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, University of Texas at Austin
Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of ASCE
The Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) was established on October 1, 1996 in order to serve the unique needs of the structural engineering community while influencing change on the broader issues shaping the entire civil engineering community. SEI is a vibrant community of more than 30,000 structural engineers within the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). SEI involves all facets of the structural engineering community including practicing engineers, students, research scientists, academics, technologists, material suppliers, contractors, and owners. SEI is committed to advancing and serving the structural engineering profession while influencing change on broader issues that shape the entire civil engineering community.
Because SEI members are leaders in structural engineering practice and academia, SEI provides great networking opportunities while stimulating coordination and understanding between academia and practicing engineers — driving the practical application of cutting edge research. SEI produces technical publications, journals, conferences, continuing education, codes and standards, and professional practice documents that advance the structural engineering profession. SEI advances our members' careers, stimulates technological advancement, and improves professional practice.