Structures Congress 2019
Join us at Structures Congress in Orlando, Florida, April 25–27, 2019, to be inspired, connect with leaders in the profession, learn from the experts, and earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs). Stay and experience all Orlando has to offer - it's not just theme parks!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend Structures Congress 2019
- Connect with more than 1,200 colleagues from the U.S. and abroad.
- Learn the latest from the experts that develop SEI/ASCE standards and earn PDHs from 12 tracks of technical sessions (Buildings, Bridges, Natural Disasters, Professional Practice, Risk Management, Blast, Materials, Seismic, Forensics and much more).
- Visit the Exhibit Hall for the latest tools and resources to grow.
- Be inspired and challenged by top leaders and speakers at plenary sessions.
- Enjoy fun, social events with friends old and new.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- Practicing Structural Engineers
- Bridge Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Engineers
- Researchers working in the structural engineering discipline
- Material suppliers
- Young Professionals
- Users of ASCE 7, ASCE 41, and ASCE 24
- Local ASCE/SEI Members
- Anyone with an interest in Structural Engineering
Local Planning Committee
- Joe Ales, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, WPM
- Kevin Casey, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, BBM
- Eric Bourdage, M.ASCE, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Necati Catbas, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, UCF
- Bora Erbelin, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, BBM
- Donna Friis, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, Bricken Engineering
- Charlotte Insull, P.E., M.ASCE, WPM
- Mauricio Lopez, WPM
- Michael Seaman, Walk Disney Imagineering
- Jennifer Zabik, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Zabik-Turner Engineering
National Technical Program Committee
- James Gregory Soules, P.E., S.E., P.Eng., SECB, F.SEI, F.ASCE, McDermott
- Hossam Abdou, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Sarah Vaughan-Cook, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE
- Jeremy Isenberg, Ph.D., P.E., NAE, F.SEI, Hon.M.ASCE, Stanford University
- Takahiko Kimura, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, CH2M
- Brian Leshko, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Mustafa Mahamid, Ph.D., P.E., S.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Shalva Marjanishvili, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Brian McElhatten, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, ARUP
- Bruce Peterson, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, Modjeski and Masters
- John Francis Silva, P.E., S.E., F. SEI, M.ASCE, Hilti Inc.
- Robert Smilowitz, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Thornton Tomasetti
- John Tawresey, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, KPFF Consulting Engineers – Retired
- Mark Waggoner, P.E., M.ASCE, Walter P Moore & Associates
- Eric Williamson, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, University of Texas at Austin
Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of ASCE
The Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) was established on October 1, 1996 in order to serve the unique needs of the structural engineering community while influencing change on the broader issues shaping the entire civil engineering community. SEI is a vibrant community of more than 30,000 structural engineers within the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). SEI involves all facets of the structural engineering community including practicing engineers, students, research scientists, academics, technologists, material suppliers, contractors, and owners. SEI is committed to advancing and serving the structural engineering profession while influencing change on broader issues that shape the entire civil engineering community.
Because SEI members are leaders in structural engineering practice and academia, SEI provides great networking opportunities while stimulating coordination and understanding between academia and practicing engineers — driving the practical application of cutting edge research. SEI produces technical publications, journals, conferences, continuing education, codes and standards, and professional practice documents that advance the structural engineering profession. SEI advances our members' careers, stimulates technological advancement, and improves professional practice.