Congratulations and thank you for your acceptance to present/moderate at Structures Congress 2020. This is an excellent opportunity for you to share knowledge with the attendees. The information below will assist you in preparing your session.
All presenters and moderators are required to register for the conference and are eligible for a discount rate.
Improve Your Presentation Skills
Sessions (Panel, Traditional)
Make sure to carefully review the Session (Panel, Traditional) Instructions (PDF).
Important Note: Laptops are NOT provided. The moderator is responsible for bringing the laptop with all the session Power Points pre-loaded and tested.
Innovative Executive Sessions (IES)
- IES Presenter and Moderator Instructions (PDF)
- Required Structures Congress 2020 IES Template (PPTX)
- Example of IES Slide (PPTX)
IES Presenters are required to provide their final slide to their session moderator by March 30.
NEW: Bring copies of your slide or a different handout for session attendees.
- | Final Publication Ready Papers Due
- | Registration Opens
- | Presenters Begin Promoting Session via Social Media
- | Authors are notified of paper modifications needed
- | Corrected Final Paper Uploaded (For Authors Notified Changes Needed)
- | Moderators connect, confirm, plan with Presenters per Moderator Instructions
- | IES Moderators hold conference call with Presenters per IES Moderator Instructions
- | Presenters Send Final Power Point to Moderator
- | Presenters Upload Power Point to Paper Management System for Display on Technical Program Website and Mobile App
Final papers are optional.
Important: All final publication ready papers must be uploaded to the paper management system no later than . Extensions are NOT possible. Papers should be 10–12 pages in length, but a few extra pages are acceptable. The paper must be final and follow all formatting instructions, and copyright and permissions guidelines. Make sure to remove all track changes and comment boxes prior to uploading, or the paper will be considered a draft and cannot be published.
- Paper Formatting Instructions (PDF)
- All photos must be properly credited even if your company owns them.
- Copyright Form - this is information only as the copyright will be handled electronically during submission of the final paper.
- Permission Information - this is information only as it will be handled electronically during submission of the final paper.
- Guidance on Author-Date References
- Authorship Originality & Copyright Transfer Agreement (PDF)
Final Paper Evaluation
Final Papers will be evaluated to ensure the following:
- Content is consistent with the approved abstract
- Paper is not a commercial for products or services
- Paper formatting, copyright and permission requirements have been complied with
- Paper is readable with no significant issues with spelling, grammar, etc.
- Photos, figures, and drawings are properly credited in caption or legend
- Paper includes a conclusion and provides references if appropriate
- Paper has not been published or submitted for publication any other place including ASCE
The proceedings will be copyrighted and published by ASCE. It is the author's responsibility to obtain any necessary permissions or approvals from employers, project owners, or clients prior to submission of the final paper for publication. Material included in your submission from previously published sources, including the internet, may require permission from the copyright holder of that publication or website. It is the author's responsibility to obtain the permission for reuse of this material and include the appropriate credit information in the paper.
Questions? Contact Debbie Smith.