STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING INSTITUTE (SEI) OF ASCE
Join us at Structures Congress in Fort Worth, Texas, April 19–21, 2018 to be inspired, connect with leaders in the profession, learn from the experts, and earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs). Stay an extra day to enjoy the seven primary entertainment districts each offering distinct dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural amenities.
SEI is a vibrant community of more than 30,000 structural engineers within the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). SEI involves all facets of the structural engineering community including practicing engineers, students, research scientists, academics, technologists, material suppliers, contractors, and owners. SEI is committed to advancing and serving the structural engineering profession while influencing change on broader issues that shape the entire civil engineering community.
Because SEI members are leaders in structural engineering practice and academia, SEI provides great networking opportunities while stimulating coordination and understanding between academia and practicing engineers - driving the practical application of cutting edge research. SEI produces technical publications, journals, conferences, continuing education, codes and standards, and professional practice documents that advance the structural engineering profession. SEI advances our members' careers, stimulates technological advancement, and improves professional practice. Learn more at the Structural Engineering Institute.
TOP 5 REASONS TO ATTEND STRUCTURES CONGRESS 2018
- Connect with more than 1,200 colleagues from the U.S. and abroad.
- Learn the latest from the experts that develop SEI/ASCE standards and earn PDHs from 12 tracks of technical sessions (Buildings, Bridges, Natural Disasters, Professional Practice, Risk Management, Blast, Materials, Seismic, Forensics and much more).
- Visit the Exhibit Hall for the latest tools and resources to grow.
- Be inspired and challenged by top leaders and speakers at plenary sessions.
- Enjoy fun, social events with friends old and new.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Owners
- Practicing Structural Engineers
- Bridge Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Engineers
- Researchers working in the structural engineering discipline
- Material suppliers
- Young Professionals
- Users of ASCE 7, ASCE 41, and ASCE 24
- Local ASCE/SEI Members
- Anyone with an interest in Structural Engineering
LOCAL PLANNING COMMITTEE
- William Wallace, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, Huitt-Zollars, Inc.
- Paul Rielly, P.E., M.ASCE, Halff Associates, Inc.
- Stanley Agee, Pieresearch
- Stan Caldwell, P.E., SECB, F.AEI, F.SEI, F.ASCE
- Robert Nicholas, Don Illingworth & Associates, Inc.
- Alexis Clark, A.M.ASCE, HIlti North America
- Nick Heinlein, Dunaway
- Nur Yazdani, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, University of Texas at Arlington
- Brad Watson, P.E., M.ASCE, Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- John Tornberg, Structural Solutions, Inc.
NATIONAL TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIR
- James Gregory Soules, P.E., S.E., P.Eng., SECB, F.SEI, F.ASCE, CB & I LLC
- Hossam Abdou, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Sarah Vaughan-Cook, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE
- Jeremy Isenberg, Ph.D., P.E., NAE, F.SEI, Hon.M.ASCE, Stanford University
- Takahiko Kimura, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, CH2M
- Brian Leshko, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Mustafa Mahamid, Ph.D., P.E., S.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Shalva Marjanishvili, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Brian McElhatten, P.E., S.E., M.ASCE, ARUP
- Bruce Peterson, P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, Modjeski and Masters
- John Francis Silva, P.E., S.E., F. SEI, M.ASCE, Hilti Inc.
- Robert Smilowitz, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE, Thornton Tomasetti
- John Tawresey, P.E., S.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE, KPFF Consulting Engineers – Retired
- Mark Waggoner, P.E., M.ASCE, Walter P Moore & Associates
- Eric Williamson, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, University of Texas at Austin
- Bradley Young, M.ASCE, Skidmore Owings and Merrill LLP